Monday, April 1, 2013

APRIL FOOL... Who's Mine?

Sue here...   I almost had a heart attack this morning when the calendar alarm on my phone went off and woke me from a dead sleep!  Interesting choice of ringtone by my April Fool... "Are You Ready?" which is a loud club dance song sung by what sounds like a little alien  Martian in an old time cartoon.  Needless to say I wasn't ready - I'm still alive and wondering who my fool is...             was it YOU?
There is the usual list of suspects including one grandson, 5 sons-in-law, and 2 stepsons who would all have had a chance to set up the joke when I was with them in the past few 6 months...      Payton takes the lead in suspects because of the list of April Fools jokes he was planning last year.  Kari found his list about a month before April Fools Day.  This shows his tendency to plan ahead.  He would have had ample time when I was staying with them several times this past year.   Anyway he just looks suspicious in that picture... doesn't he?   Hmmm... any confessions?  any other guesses?  It may remain a mystery!

Payton's 2012 list: (copied letter for letter)
1. pop balloon while moms asleep right next to her ear.
2. rubber band spray nozel
3. drop a pot and scream
4. put plastic wrap on garage door
5. get a fake rat, spider, snake or coakroach and put it in the refridgearator
6. fake sneezy trick
7. dress up, hide and scare someone
8. put fake bubble gum in mom or brinly's hair and surprise mom
9. scream in the middle of the night

The fake sneezy trick he saw on America's Funnies Videos. They stick their fingers in water and pretend to sneeze while they flick the water at someone.

It's times like this that I am grateful to be in North Dakota - even on April 1st - even if there was still 2 feet of snow on the ground and it was only 3 degrees outside when that Martian started singing!
                                                              
 

8 comments:

Annie said...

haha!! I'm interested to know why you didn't think it was one of your DAUGHTERS?!?!?!?!?! I think its paytoni bologna....

Kari said...

I don't know if it was Payton. I'll get back to ya on that. While he is a little schemer I'd be surprised if he'd have thought to do that so many months ago. We haven't seen you since...I can't remember. Christmasish? Say that 3 times fast.
Payton managed to convince Bronson and Eli to get their school uniforms on this morning even though it was a day off. He was in the process of hanging a spider to fall when I opened my door but alas I awoke too early. (thank you spin class) So far nothing else. He better not scream next to my head in the middle of the night. It'll likely give him a black eye!

Kari said...

It was not Payton or anyone from our house. Who's your second guess?

Kari said...

That sounds like a Moreno trick to me. Felipe maybe?

Lucas and Amber said...

Sounds like Felipe to me too. He left a little message about poop on our wipe off board here. :-) Hilarious though! I wish I had thought of it.

felipe said...

Unfortunately it was not me. I have to admit it's a great prank, but my guess would be other resident of North Dakota .....Ray.

Sherri said...

I don't know who it was... But that's a good one!

Sue said...

It was not Ray. He was surprised that I suspected him at first when I was still half asleep. He really, really is not a joker and never has been. I guess he also thinks I wouldn't take practical jokes very well. I realized how he felt when he was shocked that I suspected Felipe. He said "Well then he doesn't know you as well as the rest of us do or he wouldn't have done that!"

On the contrary I think my fool knows me very well & knows that I appreciate a good joke well played when there is no harm and no foul.

Come on... I grew up with Tom constantly teasing and joking around. Talk about a fool! (April fools joke player fool I mean)

Touche whoever you are!

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise