Monday, May 11, 2009

Fun-Filled Mother's Day Weekend

We had a great weekend. Very busy, but relaxing just the same. We went to Las Vegas for a couple of days to relax, unwind, and pamper Sue for Mother's Day.

We were all set and ready to see the Donny & Marie show when they canceled it 2 minutes before it was going to start. I heard this morning that Marie got severe food poisoning. They supposedly found her on the floor of her dressing room. No worries though, we simply went to dinner a little earlier than planned. We went to Yolie's Brazillian Steakhouse. We both enjoyed that as we gorged ourselves on meat, meat, and, more meat. We even listened to horrendous old school Las Vegas piano player that while his singing was terrible, he really did entertain us in a weird, sordid kind of way.

We began Saturday with a scrumptious breakfast buffet at the Westin hotel where we were staying, then it was off on a shopping extravaganza. First, the DSW show warehouse...shoes, shoes, and even more, SHOES. I loved it. We stocked Sue up on shoes for the summer. Sue is so humble I basically had to "push" her to buy about 4-5 pairs of shoes. I tell you, the woman is awesome.

It was then off to bed bath & beyond for rugs for the bathroom, followed by some great shopping at the Galleria mall where we both found some cool things. Then we took a break for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, where we indulged ourselves in some pretty good Buffalo Wings and a much needed rest. After lunch it was off to the outlet mall where we made a brief stop to finish off our shopping before we headed home.

Sunday was great day too. I didn't have any church meetings after the block so I was able to spend some more time with Sue. I made her, her requested dinner, Rib Eye steaks...did I tell you that we love MEAT! I also made a homemade peach crisp and homemade peach ice cream. Between dinner and dessert, Sue was able to talk to each of her beautiful daughters...that really made her day. A great finish to a great weekend.

3 comments:

tt moreno said...

what luck not getting to see the show. I am glad it was a great weekend, it sounds splendid to me!

Annie said...

I told Mom about Wing Stop. You have one there now. We have one here. I think they're slightly better than Wild Wings. You guys need to check it out. Too bad Buffaloes closed. They had good wings and you couldn't get much closer....

Sue said...

I told Ray he's lucky I don't take advantage of his generous spirit. Coaxing me to shop, he actually pushed me into a few shops that were outrageously expensive! He is a good guy & aims to please. I am still reluctant to spend money on clothes but I guess there is no excuse if I am not well dressed...

Gracie was a "Superstar"! She really is talented, gaining confidence and coming out of her shy shell. This actually made me miss the old "American Academy of Ballet" dance recitals!

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise