Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oregon Coast Getaway

I had another great day in Oregon last Sunday afternoon. I headed to the Oregon coast after church on Sunday and had a fun time.

Newport is the closest coast town to Albany, which is where I've been staying. Newport is about an hour and a half away, but the ride is really beautiful. We visited the Oregon Coast Aquarium, had some great "off the boat fresh" seafood, scoped out some lighthouses, a tidal pool/basin, and the coast in general. It was a great day. Enjoy the photos



Some Aquarium art at the entrance


Is this cool or what! I invaded their privacy..this was almost R rated. I wonder if I can win a photo prize with his one?


Extremely rare!...the sunshine silly...not the plant


Needless to say we didn't want to rile the little buggers up too much :) There's nothing worse than an upset, horny, little furry Otter...not a pretty site! lol


Sea Otter feeding


Gateway to the tourist district....really cool town


My view from the restaurant


This place had some great caramel corn


Newport is a major fishing port


Right up Annie's Alley














 








Lone Starfish in the tidal basin


Tidal pool area


5 comments:

Christina Rose //floresdelsol said...

i've never been to oregon and would love to go someday!

well i have been but just drove through so that doesnt count.

Sherri said...

It looks beautiful! i'm jealous and i also hope to visit there someday!

Sue said...

The picture of the lighthouse is pretty much what I think of when I think of Oregon... Beautiful coast!

Ray and Sue said...

The only thing missing was you honey!

Dana Kelvington said...

Beautiful, fun, exciting. Wish I was there!

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise