Monday, June 9, 2008

June 7th Weekend Update

We had Youth Conference in my Ward this weekend. I am the counselor over the youth so I pretty much was there for most of the activities. I love being around the youth.

It started with a fireside at my home on Thursday night followed by banana splits. We began Friday morning with breakfast and a service project. We cleaned up the trails in Coral Canyon and removed about 200 lbs. of trash. We then took the kids to the Pizza factory for lunch. We held an amazing race for them that had them going all over town in teams of two. One boy and one girl. Everyone had a blast. The leaders were their chauffeurs. We ended the meeting watching a John Byetheway video at one of the leaders homes. Everyone got up early on Saturday to go hike Zion's Narrows....a narrow canyon where the Virgin River runs through. Everyone hiked up the canyon (all in the river) for about 2 hours then headed back. I didn't go to that, but everyone had a great time doing that too. We ended the evening and the conference by having a formal etiquette dinner that was followed by a great talk form one of the local seminary teachers, then had a testimony meeting. The entire conference was a huge success. Our youth and youth leaders are absolutely phenomenal.

Sue and I had our first dinner together at my house where we had some of our friends over for dinner. We have gone out with friends before but hadn't had anyone over to the house as yet. We all had a blast and Sue looked absolutely at home there. I can't wait for her to move in permanently in August after we are married. I know she is going to be so happy there.

We also made the decision to start moving some of Sue's things over to my house instead of wasting trips back and forth all of the time. This way the move back will be that much easier. We're mostly just moving boxes of personal items and keepsakes right now.

No comments:

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise