Monday, June 30, 2008

Las Vegas Weekend Adventures

We decided at the last minute to head down south to Las Vegas to do some shopping instead of going on the geocache hunt on Saturday.

It was time to find Sue a dress for the wedding, she is such a reluctant shopper. We started the day off by going to Mimi's cafe for breakfast then headed over to the Galleria mall. We literally went through every dress store in the mall to find the right dress (I actually enjoyed every minute of it), probably because this was the first time that Sue and I had gone shopping together and because I had such a blast looking at her shop for her special dress. We finally found the perfect dress at Dillards then Sue didn't want to buy it because she thought it was too expensive (no way...but she is so frugal). Honestly it really was the perfect dress. After I twisted her arm and assured her that the dress was not too expensive and that "she" made the dress look even better she agreed to purchase it. She only did so when I agreed that she could take it back if she found something as nice but cheaper.

We then went shoe shopping and I took her to the "Designer Shoe Warehouse" and then the Zappos outlet. I love those stores. As hard as I tried to convince Sue to purchase a few shoes I could only talk her into two pairs that could possibly be worn with the wedding dress. They look great though.

When we finished there we went to the "Premium Factory Outlet Stores" and looked for more shoes and dresses but to no avail. It was something like 111 degrees there that day and while we went inot almost every shoe and dress store, we were beat. It was time for dinner.

We finished off the day with a nice dinner at the "Macaroni Grill".

Sunday was a typical busy day for me in the Bishopric, but I didn't have to go to my meetings until 11:45am. When I got home we had a nice meal of Chicken Cacciatore then began moving some stuff around the house to make room for Sue's things.

We had another great weekend!

No comments:

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise