Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hyde Park....A Great Little Funky/Crunchy Part of Boise

I drove all over the place today in search of fun places and things to do when my sweetheart joins me in only two weeks.

I got my haircut today and I asked the girl who cut it to tell me about some fun places to see/visit. She told me about a few but the one that peaked my interest was Hyde Park...an old funky cool area just a few blocks form downtown Boise. It is about two blocks long but is filled with some great shops and restaurants. I ate lunch at this great little brew pub kind of place. Hyde Park is loaded with antiques stores, second hand stores, and a fair trade boutique where they sell all kinds of wares from impoverished artisans in third world countries and some in the united States as well. My honey will love this place. The owner (non-profit) was a very friendly lady named Lynn. I picked up a couple of things and know that htis will be a favorite store for my entire family when they come and visit. They ahve all kinds of restaurants and a a homemade ice cream shop (not that I had any)

I am back on the HCG diet for the next few weeks in my quest to get down to about 170 lbs. I have lost 9 lbs in the last 3 days and am feeling great.

I also went to an Idaho Steelheads hockey game tonight. I had a great time since I didn't have to sit at home by myself on new Years eve. The game was good even though they lost. They have a na awesome stadium right in the middle of downtown.

Check out these cool photos....I miss everyone but since Christmas is over it's much easier this time. I think its also because I know Sue will be with me in just 2 weeks. I have i told everyone how much I love this little lady.

Again, Happy New year Everyone :)   


Cool little antique shop


Homemade ice cream shop


Awesome spinach salad with delicious sliced steak

This is the 13th St. pub and grill where I had the salad

Great re-sell shop

This is the fair trade boutique...I loved this place

Another cool antique shop

5 comments:

Annie said...

Great! now you know where to take us when we visit!

RayS said...

Great...you 'll like this place...very crunchy! :)

Lucas and Amber said...

Looks like a cool place! Can't wait to visit with you guys. For a blog name how about "Being Blessed in Boise"

Lucas and Amber said...

Here's another one...Salubrious Salutations from the Salley's

Dana Kelvington said...

Haven't heard from you lately. Is all well?!?!? By the way . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY. We miss you two.

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise

Sue & Ray's Zion Paradise